This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Midweek Milestone!

 Ok, it's not a weekly weigh in, but I know I've been close, so I couldn't resist getting on the scale and sharing the news this morning. Yup, I know it's a bit much to focus on the number when all the other health factors are important- but this milestone is a very big and important one, and the next is only a small fraction away.


Y'all, I'm down 100 lbs from the day I got my type 2 diabetes diagnosis and started trying to lose weight. According to Lose It, that's the weight of $5 million dollars in $100 bills. Would be nice if streamers and confetti fell from the ceiling when I got on the scale and maybe showered me with those $100 bills, but I guess I'll have to manufacture my own cheer!

As a "celebration", I went to the gym today. I don't normally go on Wednesdays because they're cardio days and I'd prefer to save my classes for the weights days, since I can do cardio at home. But I wanted to share this moment with my trainer and she was super excited for me! And then she kicked my butt in the class, which I guess I was asking for! But I'm glad I went. I feel good, even if I'm exhausted.

There's still a ways yet to go, but I'll get there. And I'll be healthier, stronger, and fitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment