This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 26, 2024

Week 68 Weigh-in and Milestone!!!

 


Well, look y'all!! I'm in ONEderland!!! It's been slow for the last six months- I'm averaging only a couple of pounds of loss per month. But the scale is still moving and I'm okay with that. I'm not willing to cut calories further to speed things up a bit because I'm happy and not feeling deprived at my average ~1500-1700 per day, depending on how active I've been. I do have the occasional day where I just have what I like, and that's okay too. It's not a cheat day- it's part of life.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. If I get to the finish line a few months sooner, I'll only see that it's not a finish line but only another starting line- and one that doesn't have an end. If you view it as an end to achieve your goal and go back to your previous eating habits, you'll find yourself back at your original starting point or worse!

Maintenance is tricky, which is why the vast majority of weight loss ultimately fails. I'm not there yet, but when I originally lost the weight in 2010 (although I petered out before I hit my goal weight at the time, which I now see as unrealistic) I did keep it off for over six years, which gives me confidence that I'll be able to do that again. I hit enough life stress that I just stopped caring. And that's going to happen again, one way or the other, so I'll have to have a plan to deal with it.

In the meantime though, I still have more than 30lbs to go before I see how I'm feeling in terms of my goal weight. So, I'll keep on the way I've been going and keep taking things one day at a time.

But for today? I'm happy! It's just a number, and I'm not going to vow that I'll never see that 2 in front again (let's be realistic, my weight could easily fluctuate around here for several weeks!), but I'm going to do my best to make sure that this is the last time I ride this weight loss rollercoaster in this way. Yo-yo dieting produces way too much stress on my body and my health won't be able to handle it. I've already got enough medical conditions that the last thing I need is to regain all this weight. Since I'm diabetic, I may be on Ozempic or a similar product for the rest of my life, and I'm okay with that. Do I love giving myself injections? No, but it's better than needing insulin shots to control my diabetes.

I'll take the small victory and be positive about it.




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 73.6 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment