This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, February 12, 2024

Week 66 Weigh In!

Well, after that long slow spell I've been having, it's nice to see things get back on track. But let's be realistic- it's not entirely passive about "things getting back on track". It's been ME getting back on track. I was the one who had slowed down on my exercise and wasn't tracking my intake as closely (or else just wasn't really trying to hit my target if I was), and I am the one who made the decision to get back to it. If I'm going to be hard on myself, I have to remember to give myself the praise when I make better choices. Can't have it both ways!

I'm a daily weigher, so I'm used to seeing fluctuations on the scale. I am actually a little surprised this week to see such a large loss. I had one day where I was out at a special event and I indulged in some delicious but calorie laden foods, and the next day the scale spiked a bit. I wasn't expecting it to come all the way back down and then some, but it was nice to see!

I know I say it nearly every week, but weight loss really is all about baby steps and just putting our heads down and keeping on going even when things aren't working the way we want. In the last 6 months I've only lost 14.6lbs, which isn't ideal. But things like that are going to happen- bodies are stubborn and want to keep us with lots of fat stores in case the next big famine hits. I could give up, or I could keep going. Giving up will just take me back to the starting line and make it even harder to lose in the future. So I'm not going to give up, even if my loss slows to a crawl. While looking good would be a nice perk, ultimately my goal here is better health. So it's OK to lose slowly, as long as I don't give up.

I just did a 45 minute video on the Walk at Home app to "celebrate" feeling stronger and the scale going down. Yup, I still hate exercise... but it's worth it.




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 72.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment