This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, September 23, 2024

Week 98 Weigh In!

 



Well, I've finally hit a new low. Funny how that statement fits in more ways than one. Grief is still making me struggle but having the weight loss plateau in addition was feeling like adding insult to injury. I did manage to go to the gym last week but only once. I have still been recovering from being sick and my energy levels have been lower. The one workout I did though was definitely a good one though. It's called Angry Birds and it had an upper body pod, a lower body pod, and a core pod. I was really feeling it by the end of the day. I also managed to be push pressing a heavier barbell for my three sets than I ever have for that period of time. I guess I am getting stronger, which is what I really want anyway.

I have noticed food has been harder than usual lately, and I suspect it's a combination of grief and Ozempic, maybe with the addition of being sick thrown in. When I say food is harder, it's because I'm not hungry, but also I can recognize that my body needs to eat, and also that I don't have the mental energy to plan out what I'm eating then buy groceries then do food prep and cook and finally eat and clean up. It is just more energy than I have right now, especially when food isn't all that interesting to me. 

I don't normally have these issues. I like food. Eating is pleasurable and enjoying good food is one of the good things in life. But depression is a bitch. I used to have foodie dates with my beloved family member who died, and so I haven't been interested in things like that. I'm mostly just eating in a way that will meet the needs of my body with the least amount of energy output. So it's really no surprise that I'm not enthused about what I'm eating because it's sustenance rather than pleasurable.

I'm going with a lot of prepared meals lately. Factor has been a godsend so that when I know I need to eat, I can just grab a meal and pop it in the microwave. At least it's real food too and not heavily processed frozen meals, although those certainly have their moments too! I do find that the meal delivery services like Factor (you can get $80 off your first box using my link!) provide healthier choices compared to takeout or fast food. There's less sodium and unhealthy fats added just for flavour like you'd find at a restaurant, and they aren't as boring as a salad; they taste really delicious for the calorie count!

And I'm just continuing to take things one day at a time. I can't solve all my problems at once. Some of them aren't even solvable; they just need to be survivable. All I can do is my best and some days that's going to be better than others. Someone made an interesting comment to me and it's so true; if our best was something we could do every day, then it wouldn't be our best, it would be average. Our best is going to fluctuate from day to day and that's okay too. What's important is trying, and continuing to put one foot in front of the other.

So the scale this week still didn't hit as low as the lowest I saw last week, but I can't complain about 4.8 lbs in the last two weeks- that's amazing at any time, let alone this far into a weight loss journey. I'll just keep going, continue to do the best I can in terms of caloric intake, and get to the gym whenever I can. I'm hoping to go later today but I just picked up some extra hours at work so we'll have to see how that goes. If not- tomorrow for sure!




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 69 gain: 0.2 lbs
OZ Week 70 gain: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 71 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 72 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 73 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 74 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 75 loss: 0.8 lb
OS Week 76 gain: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 77 loss: 5.0 lbs
OZ Week 78 gain: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 79 loss: 4.0 lbs
OZ Week 80-87: on hiatus due to grief
OZ Week 88 gain: 9.4 lbs
OZ Week 89 loss: 0.4 lbs raised dose to 0.85mg
OZ Week 90 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 91 loss: 5.2 lbs
OZ Week 92 gain: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 93: no weigh in
OZ Week 94: gain: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 95 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 96 loss: 0.2 lb
OZ Week 97 loss: 3 lbs
OZ Week 98 loss: 1.8 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 88.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment