This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Chicken Noodle Soup

I remember there was chicken noodle soup in my previous incarnation of Nutrisystem. It was never one of the items I ordered because I don't really think there is all that much you can do to change/bulk up soup, and I was never a big chicken noodle soup fan anyway.


While the portion is disappointingly small for soup when one is used to eating a whole can of Campbell's, the flavour is fine and I don't notice any real difference from if I was in fact eating Campbell's. 

I do miss the addition of what used to be a dairy/protein serving here in addition to lunch. I think I'm going to find that I am stealing my midmorning snack items to add to lunch on many days since most of my recipes involved using that extra protein serving in my lunch. But I don't usually snack in the mornings so I don't think that will be an issue for me.

However, since I am on Turbo Takeoff this week, there are no snacks or foods outside what comes in the Turbo Takeoff box with the exception of vegetables and "extras" which can be used to season the vegetables (unless the entrée specifically calls for it like the cereal or the BBQ chicken). They include a few recipes in the booklet which indicate that you can use sauces like soy sauce or sugar free maple syrup, but if you don't go through the other materials you won't see the specific guidance that these extras must be 10-35 calories each and limited to three per day. On the previous program, these were called free foods.

So, this is my lunch! I'm going to be having some cucumber slices in fat free ranch dressing to munch on afterwards while I eyeball that chocolate TurboShake that was supposed to be my morning snack and talk myself into trying it.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment