This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

They Killed It!!!

One of my favourite dinner entrees in the past was the flame broiled beef patty. It was only 90 calories, so you could even use it as a protein serving to add to other entrees, which I did many other times. Sometimes I'd save up a protein serving so I could make a double burger for dinner, which was always decadent and filling.

I had noticed that the calories had gone up on this newer version of the burger, so I was hopeful that it had gotten even better. I mean, it's tough to screw up a burger, right? Before, it came dehydrated and you just poured a little hot water in the tray. I preferred to pan fry mine in a little PAM afterwards for best flavour.

When I opened up the pouch, the stench of wet cat food hit me in the face. And since I had literally just fed the cat, that's a closer comparison then I'd like it to be.

I did eat the burger (put it on a Weight Watchers' sandwich thin with my favourite burger toppings) and it wasn't totally repellant, but the smell was enough to put me off. My fson, meantime, was cooking up a Compliments Blue Menu lean beef burger at 170 calories and 9g of fat, and not only did it look much larger but it actually smelled like a burger. I was so disappointed. I am glad that I only ordered three of them because I'd have hated to waste any more money.

I most certainly will not order this item again.

No comments:

Post a Comment