This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Turbo Takeoff Day Six

I feel like I have to relearn all over again which foods I like, and then think about what to do with them. I am not sure if all of the tricks I used to use still work, and then the foods themselves are just different.

I've tried now nearly everything in my Turbo Takeoff box, with varying reactions. I know I generally loved the Nutrisystem breakfast baked items, but once again I was disappointed. The chocolate chip baked bar was just as awful as the blueberry lemon one- cardboard that tasted of chemicals. Even the double chocolate muffin had a strong chemical taste. It really makes me miss the cranberry orange pastry and the apple strudel scone!

I had some issues with the texture of the loaded potato, too. I used to do all kinds of magic with that, but I found myself unable to fry it into potato cakes. I don't know if it was user error this time (I didn't use a non-stick pan and perhaps didn't use enough Pam) and I'll have to try again, but I was sad about the results if not the flavour. I did definitely enjoy the taste, though!

I am wondering why the dry cup entrees are no longer add boiling water; I really hate adding room temperature water and then microwaving, because items often boil over and then I lose part of my lunch as well as make a mess. The boiling water was easy and worked well. Yesterday though when I tried the three cheese chicken lunch, the sauce didn't coalesce properly when I used boiling water. Surprise surprise, then it boiled over even on lower power in my microwave (when the instructions clearly say high). I am finding these to be small but annoying frustrations.

The BBQ seasoned chicken dinner, I really enjoyed. I cooked up some diced onion and green pepper in a little bit of low calorie BBQ sauce in a pan, then poured the entrée over top. I took a Flatout wrap for a carb serving and then added lettuce and tomato to that before filling it with the rest of the meal. It made a really filling and delicious dinner- one of the first times I've felt satiated this week.

I was a little skeptical of the Italian herb flatbread pizza since I couldn't use any of my usual modifications. I was pleasantly surprised that the included cheese is a little better than it was before. I did miss being able to add turkey pepperoni, but it was still acceptable when I topped it with onions, peppers, and tomatoes.

I am looking forward to this week coming to an end, so I can start playing again. While I am glad I have the convenience of the food, I am looking forward to being less hungry and still losing weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment