This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

It's Over!!

Hooray for Turbo Takeoff being finished! Like I said, while I enjoy bars, I really don't like eating them two or three times a day. I really would like at least some real food, even if it's in a much smaller portion than I'm accustomed to.

But to no one's surprise, the program works. I am down 5.6lbs today, which is a great first week. I see my seamstress on May 21, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I get to by then. I think the 10lbs I was hoping for is achievable, but we'll have to see. I don't really actually care about the number on the scale, as long as the dress zips!

I don't think I will be ordering the shakes or the Nutricurb bars again, though. I really prefer eating my calories to drinking them, and I can get cheaper (and not peanut) protein bars.

So now I've got to start reading the literature they sent me about how to do the new "regular" Nutrisystem program. I know I need to add additional servings because of needing to lose more than 100lbs, but I also need to figure out how they have moved the foods you add around and whether or not I can recombine them and it's okay. I assume I can eat them in any way and order I want, but perhaps there has been changes. I am planning to do a Live Chat with one of the Nutrisystem counselors today.

I also tried a new entrée today, the white cheddar mac and cheese. I have to say, this was actually really good! Although I have an association with eating mac & cheese with chicken fingers, I found that I really enjoyed the flavour of this entrée and while the portion wasn't huge, I did surprisingly find it pretty filling. I can't see myself doing much modification to this one because I prefer my mac & cheese plain even though I don't mind adding stuff to other pasta dishes. I would definitely order this one again.

I guess I am going to have to learn all over again what I like and what I don't. This should be interesting!

I'm feeling a lot more positive today. The number on the scale and the reinforcement that this is something I can do if I want to is a mood booster, and of course the idea of more food today doesn't hurt either!

No comments:

Post a Comment