This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Some days are harder than others

I try to stay positive and upbeat in this blog, but I have my down days, too. There have been so many good things lately- reaching 40lbs lost, fitting into my wedding rings again, and other non scale victories. Then I look at myself in a full length mirror and I just want to cry. I still just see a big fatty looking back. I know I can't expect it all to just melt off and I'm still doing so well, but emotions aren't logical and I'm having a harder time coping than I thought I would.

I tried to go buy some new pants since the jeans I was wearing are far too baggy around the waist (I can pull them off without undoing the button), but apparently my figure has redistributed since I had my son because I can't fit into clothes that I used to wear at this weight. It really brought me down and I left the fitting room feeling so ashamed.

I've also decided to change my final goal- you'll note that when you see my ticker. I'm going for broke since I know I can get there eventually- it's just hard in the meantime not seeing the changes in myself. At 40lbs, I was hoping to really notice a difference, and I don't. I know I'm my own worst critic, but it's still hard. All I can do is stick to it and know that eventually I WILL achieve my goal weight and be able to smile at the person I see in the mirror.

I have some more food reviews to share and I'll try to get them up in the next day or so.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Suzie, keep up the good work. Everyone is rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fay said...

    You'll get there Suzie. We all have bad days and we need to accept them. I call them my "pity pots" and when I'm done with them, I plant pretty, emotional flowers.

    ReplyDelete