This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm still here!

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. We went out of town for an event my husband was part of and for some reason the computer I had access to blocked Blogger so I wasn't able to post.

Things have been going really well- this past week I lost 3.2lbs to bring my total to 40lbs! I'm so excited to be getting my next Nutribear. Since my son was born, I have lost 65lbs.

I've had to do a lot of flexing this past week as well since I was out of town and doing a lot of eating at restaurants. I'm especially proud of the 3.2lb loss this week as a result because I made conscious decisions to eat well while I was out- and I still enjoyed my meals!

We ate at one truly wonderful restaurant. It's easy to find when you go out that to get your meal without all the fatty extras, you have to ask for substitutions and witholdings, and it gets annoying. I don't really mind and restaurants are happy to do it, but it's so nice to go out to eat and just be able to order a meal and know it's going to be healthy and delicious without any changes at all. If you find yourself in the Thornhill area of Ontario, definitely make a stop at Shoom Shoom. I went with a group of people and I was actually able to enjoy a healthy meal with appetizers, entree, and dessert! We started with an order of warm whole wheat pita bread served with baba ganoush and hummus, then a large green salad. Their salad dressing is fat free, and it's a very thick, flavourful basil vinaigrette. For my entree I chose grilled rainbow trout fillet with steamed vegetables and for dessert I had their all fruit smoothie. It was a wonderful meal and I would love to eat there even if I wasn't trying to lose weight!

I've got some ideas in mind for new recipes, so check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Fay says...
    Welcome back and hooray for you!!!! I think once we truly set our minds to this adventure called weight loss, we can tolerate the down sides (having to modify meals when we go out) the same way we have to deal with delays when we travel.

    I'm almost at my 20 lb bear - 4/10 of a pound to go!

    ReplyDelete