This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Great Summer Recipes!

Now that the summer heat wave is here, I'm sure we're all looking for ways to cool off. Here are a few ideas that I've tried recently!

I usually drink plain water now, but every once in a while I have a craving for something different. In the summer, I love lemonade with BBQ-type meals! I got this recipe off the back of a Realemon lemon juice bottle and changed the sugar to Splenda to make a great lemonade recipe that no one would believe has very few calories!

Summer Sweet Lemonade:

1.6L cold water
1 cup Splenda
1 cup pure lemon juice

Mix everything together and stir well, and enjoy! It doesn't technically count as water since it's been sweetened, but as long as you aren't drinking just lemonade I wouldn't worry about it too much.


Hungry Girl sent out an email with a dip recipe not too long ago and I tried it and thought it was great! Here is my version:

Dairy/Protein Ideas:




Veggielicious Dip:

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup FF mayo
3 tbsp dried veggie soup mix
10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes packed in water, drained and chopped

Mix everything together and stir until well blended- it's that simple! And because you're using Greek yogurt as a base instead of sour cream, you can actually use 1/2 cup of this as a dairy/protein serving at 84 calories and 7g of protein. It has tons of flavour and makes a great afternoon snack (substitute 2 veggie servings instead of your fruit).

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely have to try that veggie dip out! Looks like a great idea! I've done the samething just using onion soup mix instead :)

    ReplyDelete