This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Salads

We joined an organic farm produce share association this year and so far I'm quite happy with it. It was more expensive than I thought it would be, but the produce tastes so much better than store bought. My husband commented that the tomatoes especially have a rich, almost buttery taste compared to the bland ones at the grocery store. The fresh herbs are great, too. I rarely buy fresh herbs at the store but I've been getting some in my produce bin each week and they make meals so flavourful and smell great to boot!

I've also been getting some more unusual items so it's helped me broaden my recipes so that I can include the new items. Today's recipe doesn't have too much new in it, but I'm sure you'll find it as light and refreshing as I did- and it's a great twist to take a break from lettuce based salads.


Vegetable Ideas:



Lemon-Dill Summer Salad:

2 large tomatoes, cut into small cubes
1-2 cucumbers, chopped into cubes (peeled or not, your choice)
1 shallot, sliced (or a small onion)
1 garlic clove, minced
4 radishes, sliced (black radishes if you have them)
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
3 tbsp Garlic Gold Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette

Place all the vegetables in a Tupperware container and add the herbs and stir. Pour in the dressing and shake until evenly distributed. Serve and enjoy! Makes 6 servings.

The Garlic Gold Lemon Vinaigrette gives this a very nice zesty flavour and made a delicious side dish. If you don't have it, you can mix together 6 tsp lemon juice with 6 tsp olive oil to make a dressing.

Count this as 1 vegetable serving and 1 fat serving and enjoy!

Disclosure: I received this product mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. (And I really, really love Garlic Gold and plan to continue writing about their products!)

1 comment:

  1. that is a great idea and I bet my hubby would actually eat that! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete