This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Red Lobster

I'm sorry there's been such a long break in the middle of my theme posting. Things have just been a little crazy here and I haven't had a lot of time for blogging. I still do have some Seafood Week recipes for you to enjoy, though!

Flex Meals (Dinner):



Lobster Pizza:

1 Flatout wrap (or othe carb serving)
4 oz lobster meat
2 tsp Garlic Gold
1 oz shredded cheese
chopped tomatoes and onions
dried or chopped fresh basil
Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle the Garlic Gold onto the pizza crust and sprinkle with the basil. Add the lobster meat and vegetables and top with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and browning, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle the Parmesan nuggets on top, and enjoy!

This recipe is so quick, easy, and delicious. I used to love Red Lobster's version and this one tastes just as good- plus you get more lobster to enjoy! If you don't have Garlic Gold, I really recommend trying it. You can substitute with olive oil and chopped garlic, but it won't have the same smooth flavour to it. I also haven't found a substitute anywhere for the Garlic Gold Nuggets- they are amazing! So full of flavour- they definitely make a nice touch to a meal.

Count this as a flex dinner + fat serving + dairy serving. Or, if you like, use the Nutrisystem Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza for your crust (discard the sauce) and just scale back the lobster to 2oz and the Garlic Gold to 1 tsp and then you have the same, dinner + fat + dairy/protein. You can choose to use NS cheese or you may substitute any cheese that has 72 calories and 5g of fat, which are the stats for the NS cheese. I rarely use it anymore because I prefer to substitute my own which melts better.

But whatever way you make it, this is a nice twist on pizza and it makes a yummy dinner!

Disclosure: I received this product mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. (And I really, really love Garlic Gold and plan to continue writing about their products!)

1 comment: