This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, September 16, 2019

Light Lunch

I have to be honest in that Nutrisystem generally has struck out on their Asian entrees. I have just generally found them to be lacking in flavour. They used to have a lot more, and as someone who adores Asian food, I was optimistic... and then disappointed. So, I came up with more of my own Asian flex recipes myself.

When I tried the Spicy Kung Pao Noodles for the first time, I wasn't a big fan. However, I saw that entrée definitely has potential to be worked into a variety of different dishes! I love lo mein noodles and there are so many ways to use them. One of my favourites, though, is in ramen soup. It's lovely on a cold day, and easy to make it your own with different veggies or protein additives. Definitely give it a try if you enjoy ramen soup!

Spicy Kung Pao Ramen Soup (Lunch):



1 pkg Nutrisystem Spicy Kung Pao Noodles
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 cups frozen Asian stir fry vegetables
1/4 cup PB2 (or 1 tbsp. peanut butter)

This one is so quick and easy. Bring your chicken broth to a boil on your stove, and add the frozen vegetables. When they are softened, add the Nutrisystem seasoning packet and the dry noodles (no need to prepare separately!). Let the soup boil for 2 min, then turn down to simmer. Mix up your PB2 and stir it into the soup until well blended. Serve immediately.

Make sure if you're using Asian veggies, you try not to get a bag with baby corn since that counts as an SC and not a vegetable! Or if you prefer to add your own veggies, try a mix with mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts, bell pepper, and snow peas- all unlimited veggies.

I happen to like the peanut butter as an additional protein in the soup, but it would be just fine without, or you could instead substitute your favourite Powerfuel. Try it with hard boiled egg slices, shrimp, chicken, or thinly sliced lean beef!

This counts as one Nutrisystem lunch entrée plus 2 servings of unlimited veggies, 1 free food (the chicken broth), and a Powerfuel if you added one. You could also count it as dinner plus 2 veggies and a free food if you don't want to save a Powerfuel.

What do you like in your ramen soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment