This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, September 30, 2019

Bulk It Up!

I really enjoy eggplant, and fortunately it's one of Nutrisystem's unlimited non starchy veggies. I've made lots of flex meals with eggplant before, since it's a great pasta substitute. If you haven't tried my Eggplant Rollatini, I definitely suggest giving it a try.

If you don't feel like putting that much work into a flex meal, though, I think you'll find that this stuffed eggplant recipe is very bulky for those hungry days, and also tastes delicious.

Lasagna Stuffed Eggplant (Dinner):



1 eggplant, thinly sliced into long pieces
1 Nutrisystem Lasagna with Meat Sauce or Vegetable Lasagna
1/3 cup no sodium tomato sauce (35 calories or less total)
diced mushrooms, onions, bell pepper (or your favourite veggies)
1/2 oz shredded cheese (optional)
2 tbsp. FF ricotta cheese (optional)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spread out the eggplant on a baking tray. Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with basil and oregano. Bake for approximately 7 minutes or until eggplant is soft and edges are starting to brown.

While eggplant is cooking, chop up the lasagna into little pieces and pour it into a bowl. Add your chopped veggies, and if you are using the ricotta, add it now. Mix everything until it is blended uniformly.

When the eggplant is ready, place a large spoonful of the filling in the base of each slice of eggplant, and roll it closed. Place into a baking dish seam side down. When all the filling is inside the eggplant slices, top with your tomato sauce. Add the shredded cheese if desired, and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

This makes an absolutely huge meal- if you are having a day when you want to eat everything in sight, I highly recommend this dinner! This baking dish is ONE serving!!!

Count this as one Nutrisystem dinner entrée, three servings of unlimited veggies, one extra (the tomato sauce), and if you used the ricotta and shredded cheese, count one Powerfuel.

You could try this with any of the other pasta dishes, minced up. Try it with the Penne Bolognese or the Rotini with Meatballs and let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment