This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, September 20, 2019

New Menu Items!

It looks like Nutrisystem has started to release new menu items, which is great! They haven't made an announcement yet, so hopefully more items are still to roll out. Definitely check your auto delivery before it ships and have a look at what's been added. So far there's been an item or two every couple of days over the past week.

They also announced two more discontinued items, sadly, the Sesame Ginger Chicken and the Black Bean Polenta Enchilada. I was disappointed to hear this because that particular enchilada was one of my favourite frozen meals for just plain ol' heating and eating. I loved the zesty spicy flavour even if it looked absolutely nothing like on the box. The Sesame Ginger Chicken was a really great base for adding cauliflower rice and I'd save a SmartCarb to add orange segments and make a version of orange ginger chicken (kind of like what I used to do with the discontinued Nutrisystem Orange Chicken). I will definitely miss that.

But, onwards and upwards- I'm looking forward to trying these new items!

The new breakfast item is the Strawberry Baked Bar.

I haven't been all that impressed with the baked bars in general, this time around on Nutrisystem. When I did the program back in 2010-2011, I generally loved the bars. These ones, not so much. They honestly have tasted to me like cardboard with a very artificial flavouring. The Blueberry Lemon Baked Bar had my hopes up because I remembered the old Blueberry Lemon Bar, but no dice there. So I am not sure how much better this new breakfast bar will be. Granted, I do believe that the baked bars are more filling than the granola-type bars, but it's just not worth it to me when I can eat something that tastes much better. When I actually get my hands on one of these, I'll definitely write a review and let you know how I find it!

So far I haven't seen any new lunches. There is a frozen dinner which has reappeared (marked limited time only, so check it out if you're interested!)- the Pork Tenderloins.

I looked at the previous reviews, and several commenters say it is spicy, so I am looking forward to trying one of these.

It also looks like the Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast is back! I love the stuffed chicken breasts. They are low calorie, filling, and really makes it feel like I'm eating a "normal" dinner with my family.

So far, there are also two new snacks; the Chocolate Lovers' Cake Mug Mix and the Confetti Cake Mug Mix.

I'm really hoping that this one will be reminiscent of the old Microwave Chocolate Cake Mix. I loved making that one into Lava Cake with the Nutrichocolates! That made a deliciously decadent meal. I know that the mixes are a little more work than just heating and eating, but any time you get a mix item like this it opens up so many possibilities to customize a dessert to make it your own. I'm imagining this one as dessert puffs, maybe with a raspberry in the centre, or making a filling out of cream cheese. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with it!

This one looks like a lot of fun, too. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll get some ideas. If nothing else, it looks like a great birthday treat- or an Unbirthday treat since it doesn't have to be a special occasion to eat cake!

Is there a discontinued item that you wish Nutrisystem would bring back? I really miss the Caramel Popcorn- omg that was delicious! And the Beef Taco was my all time favourite Nutrisystem dinner. I know tacos aren't difficult to flex well, but this made it easy and delicious to have one of my favourite meals. The Vegetable Fajita was not the most attractive looking meal, but it was so yummy and the most filling dinner. Nutrisystem really does tend to do the Mexican style entrees very well- I miss the Chicken Quesadilla, too! And what about the shelf stable dinner Macaroni & Cheese instant cups- OMG Kraft dinner or Hamburger Helper if you picked the one with beef! Don't forget some of the amazing snacks like the Nacho Crisps, Chocolate Crunch Bar, and the Chocolatey Rainbow Delights! There have been so many meals that I have really enjoyed and would happily keep buying!

What new items are you hoping that Nutrisystem will release or bring back?

No comments:

Post a Comment