This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, December 12, 2022

Dealing with Underlying Issues Part 2

 So today I'm not feeling very proud of myself. While I knew that I used food as a coping mechanism when I was tired and stressed, I didn't realize it was quite as bad as it is. I thought that I managed to fight a lot of those urges given how often I'm tired because of my chronic health issues, but it appears maybe not, and I'll have to do some thinking about that.

On the weekend I had some family related stress crop up and it drained every last bit of my energy. All I wanted to do was order some junk food on Uber Eats and watch some junky TV so that I could unplug my brain and relax.

So I decided to order some apps, even though I know my appetite has been reduced, and that it really wasn't a healthy choice either for my body or as a coping mechanism; I just didn't have the energy to fight the mental cravings. My food arrived and I started eating while I watched my first movie. And you know, it tasted pretty good but I had that familiar feeling of starting to get full. I was eating slowly, but there just wasn't a lot of space, despite really wanting to eat all the things I had ordered. It took me more than 3 hours to eat two apps, and there was no way that I could even consider a bite of the third. I felt bloated and uncomfortable, and I wasn't enjoying myself at that point.

The following day, I found that I was still full and didn't have much desire to eat. I still felt bloated and not all that great. But I learned some lessons. Apparently, I can't go on a food binge while on Ozempic- my body simply won't allow it. And I definitely don't enjoy the way I felt while trying. If I had ordered one app, I think that would have been just right, even if it was crappy food. Trying to overeat, though? I need to deal with this because it's not good that my stress coping mechanism is so unhealthy for me, both physically and mentally. I don't want to be that person anymore. What kind of person tries to overeat??



So that wasn't a great effect on my weigh in and I hope it's also just sodium weight because the total wasn't too far over my daily calories and certainly under my weekly calories. At least it's a loss though. But, tonight is a new injection and this coming week is a new week. I am tired, and already feeling stressed. Who isn't? It's the holidays. But I'm going to have to work through it.


Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 9.4lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment