This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, December 9, 2022

Doctor Check-In

 I had a virtual appointment with my doctor today to check in on how I'm doing with Ozempic, and the answer is great! I weighed myself this morning even though it hasn't been a full week because I knew she'd want to know, and I'm down another 1.4lbs since Monday morning so I'm on track for maintaining about 2lbs/week again which is great! I'm not in a hurry since this is nice and sustainable and has been relatively easy so far.

She's ordered some tests, so hopefully I'll see some progress on my A1C and cholesterol levels as well, and hopefully with my blood pressure. I would like to hear more good news! Turning 40 may have made me really think about my health, but I'd like to take care of myself the best I can now.

Other than that, I'll keep plugging away. I noticed today I was craving meat, so I guess my body wants a little more protein. I had a salmon salad for lunch, and a gochujang pork salad for dessert (I'll share the recipes later!) and didn't even feel deprived. I think the way this medication is helping rewire my brain is nothing short of a miracle.

I'm exhausted and had a stressful day at work, so when I came home, I had a two bite brownie with frosting. Ate it in four little bites and it was delicious! Normally my next step would have been to order takeout but I felt like I was okay at that point and just ate my salmon salad and it was fine. I'm really proud of myself, and grateful again to have the space to work on my issues with food so that I'll be able to maintain this loss in the future. I'm even maybe dreaming of a lower goal weight... but we'll cross that bridge far into the future! For now, slow and steady is what I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment