This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, December 5, 2022

Week Four Weigh In!

 It's been a good week. I was anxious all week about my weigh in, even though normally I just shrug them off because fluctuation is normal. But the gain last week and knowing I at least somewhat deserved it made me wonder what was going to happen this week.

I was right that some of that gain was just sodium bloat, and so it melted away this week bringing me right back on track!



Down 4.4lbs, for a total Ozempic loss of 8lbs in four weeks! That's right on for healthy weight loss of 2lbs per week. If I can keep up that rate overall, I'll be thrilled. Next month I get my A1C checked again, and I'm hoping to see some improvement there as well.


OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs

Since I'm still losing and feeling appetite suppressant, as well as noticing more side effects, I think I'm going to stay at 0.25mg for another week or two and see how it goes. I'd rather not go up in dose unless I really need to since I'm worried about acclimatization.

For now though? I still feel like Ozempic has been a bit of a miracle drug for me. I'm hoping that I can use this tool effectively to achieve my health goals and keep the weight off this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment