This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, December 26, 2022

Week Seven- Holidays

 Well, it's the holidays here, and I decided I didn't want to be focused on the scale this week, rather I wanted to enjoy the time with my family and friends and indulge a little. I have still taken my Ozempic, and I'm eating less than usual, although more than I'd like.

I also took three days off exercising, since I was pretty busy with cooking, cleaning and getting ready for guests. 

That being said, I don't feel guilty, nor am I worried. Ozempic makes it easy to get right back on track the next day- and I won't ignore my satiety cues anymore (OK, until New Year's Eve!), and back to working out. There is nothing wrong with enjoying life!

So no weigh in today since I didn't get on the scale. Today was my eighth injection, and so the pen would expire after use. It is supposed to have eight doses of 0.25mg, but there's always a little bit extra left over in the pen, so I found when I kept clicking it that I had a dose of 0.39mg this week and I took it all. My intention is to continue to stay low as long as I'm still feeling appetite suppression and losing weight. I don't need to lose faster- it is more likely to stay off when done at a slow pace anyway.

Hope you're all enjoying the holidays!


Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 11.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment