This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, December 19, 2022

Week Six Weigh In!

So far, so good... it's been a pretty quiet week. I'm still trying to up my exercise but after doing my Jillian Michaels DVD, my legs were burning for a couple of days afterwards from the squats! I think I'm going to have to ease into that a little bit more! That being said, I know that building muscle will help to burn even more calories, so I do want to add more HIIT to my exercise regime, which right now is almost entirely walking.

Once the weather starts to stay icy though, walking won't be a great choice so I'll have to start planning other options. I know that exercise is one of the best ways to curb diabetes, and it has to become a long term habit. Whatever damage my body has already suffered isn't going to heal; it just won't get any worse. I don't want to go blind or lose a limb or die 15 years earlier than expected just because I want to eat yummy food.

Especially since I can eat yummy food now as long as I watch portion sizes! I'm still shocked at how a small serving can still be so satisfying, and not affect my weight loss. I'm hoping to get through the holidays without slowing my weight loss too much, as long as I stick to sensible portions.

Tomorrow is my first trip to a buffet restaurant since starting Ozempic, and I'm not super looking forward to it because I know it will be a waste of money. But it's a special family occasion that I can't miss, so I'm not going to worry about it. I'll go, have a taste of the things that look good, and stop eating when I'm full- no need to try and get my money's worth. I'm there to celebrate- not to stuff myself until I'm uncomfortable. We'll see how it goes!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 11.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment