This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 3, 2023

Week 21 Weigh In!

 It's been interesting how my natural inclinations towards food have changed while on Ozempic. I don't know if it's related to the medication, but I have noticed some changes that aren't conscious changes.

I mean, we all know that eating whole, unprocessed foods are the best choice, but I admit that I enjoy some convenience foods too. I like fruit, especially berries, but in the past I would often buy a container and it would rot before I had a chance to finish eating them. Over the last few months, I've been buying fruit every time I make a grocery order and I've been finishing them. Maybe it's related to winter and I'm deficient in vitamin C or something, but except for the price I have really been enjoying eating the fruit! It's an easy, low calorie way to add colourful dimension to my meals or snacks.

This has also been a nausea free week, my first since I did that booster dose back in week 15. I take that as a good sign that my body has finally acclimated to this 0.38mg dose. I'm going to start slowly working it up to 0.5mg. I haven't decided how much I'll take tonight, but I'll note it in my record when I put in the results for this coming week.

Weather is finally starting to warm up, so I'm looking forward to getting outside more and adding outdoors walks to my exercise regimen!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 37.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment