This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, April 10, 2023

Week 22 Weigh In!

 



So I knew I was really close to the next milestone and was looking forward to achieving it! I started trying to lose weight on April 1, 2022. While I had some fits and starts, and some months where I lost focus, 65lbs in a year is fantastic! It's also well within the parameters of healthy weight loss.

Actually, I just looked at my ticker and I see that I'm exactly halfway through my current journey- at least for the goal I have set! 67.6lbs lost, 67.6lbs to go. While I don't know exactly where I want to end up on the scale, it's kind of neat to think that I'm halfway there, although of course the second half is likely to take much longer than the first half. I'm okay with that. After all, achieving all this weight loss, while awesome, isn't the finish line; it's just the beginning of the rest of my life.

Also, I'm doing great in my HealthyWager! I'm way ahead of schedule and looking forward to winning that $1100 for losing weight! I'd love to have you join this journey with me (and win some money for new clothes!), and if you sign up through my referral you will receive an extra $40 in your prize money!

Sadly, dysmorphia is real though. I'm still not really sure that I see it when I look in the mirror. I know my body is changing because I've dropped from size 22W pants to size 16, and I can feel that my back is smoother. But the rest of me? I look kinda the same to me. I wonder if that will change in time. Even if not, I'd rather feel fat than be fat, that's for sure!

And that puts me over the 40lb marker of weight loss since I started using Ozempic! While I know that I am the one losing the weight and the medication is just a tool to help with doing so, I'm so grateful that it has allowed me the space to really put some thought into my issues around food, eating, and satiety. Ozempic will not lose weight for me if I don't keep to a calorie deficit, but it is helping me recalibrate what it means to be full. Also, sometimes I wonder if I'm actually enjoying my food more while on Ozempic, because I'm totally fine with eating a small portion of a treat and being completely satisfied by it. I've tried to explain it before but it feels like such a strange concept to enjoy something and not want more of it if it's good! It almost feels like instead of a bottomless well of always wanting more, instead I have this neat little box and once I've filled it up with the pleasure of eating, that's it. I still enjoyed every bite, but I don't actually want to eat more.

I love that!!! I love still enjoying all my favourite foods without the need to eat until my stomach is stuffed because I believe that's what "full" means. My stomach doesn't feel bloated and tight when that little box is full; I just start to lose interest in what I'm eating, which is a great cue that it's time to stop.

So this really does feel like I was very likely deficient in GLP-1 if I'm having this sort of reaction to the medication, which may mean I'm on it for life. If it means I can live a fuller and healthier life, I'm all for that. I would have been on my other medications for life, likely, and no one seems to think that is a big deal, so I wonder why the concern about being on Ozempic for life.

Last Monday I decided to raise my dose to 0.40mg to slowly start working up to 0.50. I didn't experience a big increase in side effects, so my plan is to take 0.42mg tonight and see how next week goes.



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 40.6lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment