This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Here Again!

It's always exciting when the UPS man is lugging a 50lb box up my steps! This time I was especially waiting for my 10lb bear which was supposed to be in the box and I was a little disappointed to see that it was out of stock and would be mailed next week. But the good news is, Nutrisystem said they'd put my 20lb bear in the same box so I'll have them both soon.

I also ordered some new things to try instead of just sticking to food that I was pretty sure I'd like. After all, you never know if you will enjoy something or not until you try it! I also got a free week of food with this order and I love the chance to try things that I might not have considered ordering. I'm still not really interested in the breakfast cereals or the salty snacks but at least they are here if I change my mind.

I have tried a couple of new things over the past week- here are my thoughts.

BBQ Sauce with Pork Wrap (Dinner):


I read lots of bad reviews on this so I was a little hesitant to try it, but it came free with my order and I love BBQ sauce so I figured why not. I decided to take my fat serving and fry up some red onion, green bell pepper, and tomatoes in a pan, and then I added the pork mixture to the pan instead of heating it in the microwave as the package recommends. The meat is shredded very finely- no big chunks or anything like that. The vegetables gave it much more texture. The meal also comes with a little tortilla shell which they recommend heating for ten seconds (probably so it doesn't crack along the fold lines). Honestly, I thought this meal was pretty good. The picture only shows about half the meat because I didn't want to overstuff the wrap, but there was plenty left over. I was very full after eating this and I will probably order it again. It was definitely good with the veggies and a little shredded mozzarella on top if you save a dairy/protein serving.


Milk Chocolatey Delight Bar (Dessert):


When I first bit into this, I was expecting something like a basic chocolate bar. I was surprised at how chewy it was- reminiscent of the Strawberry Shortcake Bar. It seems to be more of a chocolate soft toffee bar with a chocolate coating than anything else. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but don't chew the toffee for too long or you get a bitter aftertaste.


Double Chocolate Caramel Bar (Lunch):


This was really good. The lunch bars have all tended to be excellent! This is probably my least favourite of the three, but not because it's bad- just because the Fudge Graham bar and Chocolatey Peanut Butter bar are so good!


Beans and Ham Soup (Lunch):


I promised a photo of the finished product I described in the last post! As soon as my box came, this was the first item I grabbed out of it so that I could make lunch. It is going to be one of my favourites. Very filling and reminiscent of comfort food.


I'm also revising my opinion of the chocolate cake. I said before that I didn't think it was too great. Well, I tried it again today and I found it really hit the spot. I guess I just have to be in the mood for a cake-y texture instead of the density of the fudge brownie. I've also read a few tricks for improving the chocolate cake, and I'm looking forward to trying them! Some ideas have been to cut it in half and fill it with fat free Cool Whip to make a Devil Dog, or to blend a tsp of peanut butter (fat serving) with the Cool Whip to make frosting. But, it's still pretty good even plain!

2 comments:

  1. So glad it came in! Im supposed to get my 10 lbs bear too. :( My hubby works for UPS, so when its there I have him bring it home sooner than the truck. lol He's a supervisor not the drivers. Godo luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might enjoy spreading the chocolate cake with Lightening Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese spread. It tastes like cream cheese. It comes in a small round box and contains wedges of cheese spread. 1/2 wedge is about 15 calories and is an extra. It is also good spread on fresh celery stalks. Your Apple Strudel French toast was a hit ... man of the house who is also on NS loved it. Nan

    ReplyDelete