This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The most versatile food

If you like to be creative with your food, order a lot of the Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes. There is so much you can do with them! I made this recipe for lunch today and had to share it with you right away. It is very high in protein and so filling. It is high in sodium so if you are sensitive, you may wish to avoid it, but if not, have at it!



Crab Cakes

1 pkg Homestyle Potatoes
3oz crabmeat
1 green onion

Add about half the water you'd normally add to the potatoes and stir, then let them stand, covered, until they are ready. In the meantime, chop up your green onion into small pieces and mix it with the crabmeat. Add in the potatoes and stir well. Add your favourite spices (I like Old Bay seafood seasoning) and combine everything.

Pan fry in PAM spray until both sides are crispy. Serve with seafood sauce, horseradish, or eat them plain- they're good any way!


I definitely plan to add more of these to my next auto-delivery. I already have some more things to try with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment