This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weighed in a day early this week...

I'm going to Toronto to visit my mother this weekend so I weighed in a day early since I wanted to keep it consistent and use the same scale. I am down another 2.6lbs for a total of 23.6lbs in ten weeks! That is great, especially since it includes one week of zero weight loss, when I was in Niagara Falls. But although I didn't lose, I didn't gain either, so I see that as a minor victory.

I have yet another challenge on Monday- we're going out to dinner with some friends of the family who haven't met my son yet. My mom called and said they had picked a pizzeria! Well... much as I am in favour of not allowing diets to disrupt your life, there are certainly better choices of places to go. I looked at the menu for this place and I couldn't even get a plain garden salad! I suggested a few other places so now we've changed the venue to somewhere the other guests will enjoy, but there are also things that I can eat without disrupting my program.

I plan on eating a Nutrisystem dinner before I go out to reduce the cravings for the kind of junk that I used to eat and to prevent myself from overeating. I'm going to save up a couple of protein servings from earlier in the day and I plan to order a garden salad with salmon. I really miss seafood on Nutrisystem since there are no seafood options available in the standard plan, and Canadians can't order from the frozen meal menu.

There's no reason you can't go out with friends and family and enjoy yourself while losing weight, but it's definitely important to distinguish between a special occasion and just eating junk all the time since you're at a restaurant. You can still make healthy choices at your favourite restaurants! After all, really- it tastes good for the length of the meal, and then it's forgotten. Is it really worth it to set yourself back maybe a week?

People tell me they can't believe all the sacrifices I'm making, but it's hard for me to explain to them that I don't feel like I'm giving anything up at all- not only will I be smokin' hot when I'm finished losing weight, but I'll be a healthier, happier person. Like someone on the Nutrisystem boards said, "I'd eat cardboard for that, and this food is much better than cardboard!"

3 comments:

  1. Fay says...

    Thanks for the perspective, Susie. I'm going out to dinner tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday and I am going to have to work REALLY hard. I saved protein from today too.

    Congrats on the extra weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan Says ... Hey, when one can have pancakes for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and pizza for dinner and chocolate pudding for dessert, how can one feel deprived. Congrats on your weight loss. Oh yes, I added two scant tbs. of unsweetened applesauce to the pancake mix along with the milk and it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I have been at a standstill for about 3 weeks, after being sick and then having to travel... I admire your strength! Wish I had your motivation!!! Not sure how to get myself outta the rut... also, if you miss seafood... add shrimp or another light flaky white fish to your veggie fajitas!!!

    ReplyDelete