This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

More All Day Meal Plan Ideas!

Sorry I missed last week but life has been busy! Here's another all day meal plan to give you some ideas for how you can eat awesomely decadent food and still stay in a calorie deficit. I always try to include three meals and three snack ideas because I find that with my very small appetite this is the best way to get my calories in as well as keep my blood sugar from spiking. And of course, we always include dessert to avoid feelings of deprivation. I eat dessert every single day and I'm down nearly 50lbs on Ozempic in 6 months!

Today's menu is protein packed and you won't believe you can eat all of it and still lose! I'd love to hear your thoughts if you try it!



Breakfast:


A basic breakfast sandwich can be so versatile! Many people batch bake them in advance, wrap tightly and freeze them so they can just be popped in the microwave for a quick and easy breakfast. My favourite version is a toasted whole wheat english muffin with one egg (I prefer to cook them fresh so my yolk can be a little runny!), two slices of black forest ham, a slice of cheese, red onion, spinach, and a slice of fresh tomato. I don't really find that they need much sauce but you could use hot sauce, or even a teaspoon of light mayo or butter if you prefer. Lots of protein, quick, and easy even on a busy work morning!

Breakfast Summary: 275 calories, 8.5g fat, 26.5g carbs, 21.5g protein


Morning Snack:


If you're looking for quick and easy, this is a classic- fruit with nut butter on top. I decided I really wanted to slather my apples, so I used PB2 instead of regular peanut butter, but feel free to pick what works to your preferences!


Snack Summary: 185 calories, 3g fat, 35g carbs, 10.5g protein.



Lunch:


This seafood chowder is a slow cooker recipe, so you can set it before bed and it'll be ready for lunch the next day! Especially handy if you have one of those little lunch travel crock pots to keep it warm!

Enjoy a hearty two cup serving for lunch and I bet it'll fill you up!


Lunch Summary: 276 calories, 3g fat, 33g carbs, 29g protein.




Afternoon Snack:


These Laughing Cow breadsticks & cheese are shelf stable and make a great snack that you can throw in your purse for days you get hungry and forget to pack something. While they're a little low in protein, the whole grains are a good choice.

(Enjoying my blog and my full day menu plans? Send me a snack on Amazon, I'd be grateful for your support!)


Afternoon Snack Summary: 100 calories, 6g fat, 8g carbs, 4g protein.


Dinner:

It's Taco Tuesday, so let's have some fun with it! These barramundi fish tacos are low calorie and delicious. Get the freshest ingredients you can because you'll really taste the difference.



Chili-Lime Barramundi Tacos:

10oz barramundi fillet
2 tsp olive oil
4 small corn tortillas, warmed
1 cup shredded cabbage mix
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
pepper, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, lime juice to taste

Creamy Tarragon Sauce

1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp horseradish
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 tsp lime zest

Mix all ingredients together and chill until ready to use.

Sprinkle the pepper, chili powder, and cumin over the fish. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and add the fish. Cook for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2 minutes. Chop into pieces and squirt with lime juice and top with a little fresh cilantro. Put the cabbage, tomatoes, and fish into the heated tortillas and enjoy with a spoonful of the Creamy Tarragon Sauce! Serves two portions.

This is low enough calorie you could enjoy a third taco if you wanted to and had the appetite for it! Fresh fish is a great way to get in some protein with low calories and great flavour.


Dinner Summary: 357 calories, 11g fat, 30g carbs, 36g protein.



Dessert:


I've called this a breakfast banana split, but it makes a delicious dessert as well and I think you'll enjoy this sweet treat loaded with protein! Feel free to have it for breakfast instead though!

1 medium ripe banana, split in half lengthwise
1 serving of your favourite flavour of fat free Greek yogurt (80-120 calories, 5+g of protein)
1 tbsp chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts, almonds, or mixed- whatever you like!)
1/4 cup your favourite mixed berries for garnish (optional)

Place your banana halves into a long dish, and mound the Greek yogurt down the middle (for creativity points, use 1/3 serving each of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry Greek yogurt!). Sprinkle the chopped nuts evenly on top, and garnish with the berries if desired. It's that simple!

Once again, let your creativity guide you. The garnish is an extra, so if you feel like something a little different, go for it! How about 1 tbsp. mini dark chocolate chips, or 1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut?

Dessert Summary: 280 calories, 8.5g fat, 44.5g carbs, 10.5g protein.


Daily Total: 1473 calories, 40g fat, 177g of carbs, 111.5g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment