This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 15, 2023

Week 27 Weigh In!

So it's felt like I've been hovering around this weight for a while now. Let me be clear, I have NOT been experiencing a plateau. A plateau is three or more weeks with zero change in weight. I've been experiencing small ups and downs that have left me in the same range.

And that's normal, for weight to have these micro ups and downs. It often is the start of a big drop while your body lets go a whoosh of water weight all at once, and so it was for me. While it's frustrating, just tough it out and keep doing what you're doing and have faith in the process.




While I am again, happy to be achieving this milestone, I am a little uncomfortable with how my weight is bouncing up and down. I am trying my best to increase calories because I think the level of exercise I am doing needs more. I wound up spending a day in bed this past weekend because I was just feeling so burnt out from expending so much energy, and I was ravenously hungry, and it was the next morning after the rest and high calorie day (~2200 calories, carb heavy) that I suddenly dropped all the weight.

I am trying to keep my calorie consumption up towards the higher end of my range, which is another reason that I don't plan to increase my dose further yet. It seems like staying at 0.44mg for a little while is going to be the right move. When I first increased to this dose I started getting side effects more intensely again and found it difficult to eat. My body clearly needs fuel to have all systems go, and to create muscle from my workouts. It's not going to be healthy for me to be unable to eat. 

I'm going to see how this week goes. Hopefully I can keep myself over 1500 calories a day with an occasional higher day, which is basically the plan I followed last week. I've taken three rest days in a row off from exercise videos and I'm ready to get back to it!


Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs
OZ Week 27 loss: 3.8lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 48.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment