This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 8, 2023

Six Months Weigh In!

 So this week has been a lot of milestones for me. First and most importantly, I'm now back to the weight I was back in 2020 just before the pandemic hit, and then I was having far too many mental health issues to continue my weight loss journey. It felt so terrible to have not only reversed all the efforts I put in, but to see my health deteriorate to the point where I was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure and high cholesterol, but unfortunately I wasn't able to do anything about it at the time except survive.

Being back here, while I still have a long way to go, feels like closing that chapter of my life. Yes, it was horrible, but I made it through, and I'm going to pick myself up and keep going. I don't have the luxury of time anymore; if I don't keep up on my health, I'm going to lose years of my life. I don't love exercising, but I want more years on this earth, and that's a good tradeoff. Back in 2020 when I was at this weight, Fitbit labelled my cardiac health as poor. Since I've been exercising the last five months, I've managed to get my cardiac health all the way up to average, and that's huge! Same weight (not sure about clothing size, but I think I'm at least a size smaller than I was then), but all my health numbers have improved.

Also, this is my Ozempic six month weigh-in. Am I disappointed to see a gain? Of course, who wouldn't be? I'm still in a calorie deficit, still working out 5-6 days a week with both cardio and strength training. It has been a stressful week though and I haven't slept well, so I know that can contribute. Additionally, look at my last few weeks. It's perfectly normal for my body to need to adjust to all the weight I've been losing. 45lbs in 6 months is amazing! That's 1.73 lbs per week, well within the healthy weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week. I can't realistically be disappointed with my progress.




And I'm well on my way for my HealthyWager! Maybe I should have set my goal higher, but I wanted to be absolutely, 100% sure I was going to drop the weight and I think that I'll have no trouble losing 15lbs more by November 14th. In fact, if I do have problems with that, I'll be worried what's going wrong!


If you want to earn some money to get some new clothes when you drop weight, I definitely recommend HealthyWage. As long as you bet to lose at least 10% of your starting weight, you can choose how long you want to take to do that, and how much to bet per month (minimum of $200 total, and you can pay monthly or all up front- your choice). You can keep your loss slow and well within a healthy rate- my wager was to lose less than a pound a week and the payout is still pretty awesome! I put up $400 so my profit will be $741 if I make it, and I feel like it's practically guaranteed. If you sign up through my referral link, you will get an extra $40 added to your prize!

I'm not expecting to be finished my weight loss by my one year Ozempic weigh in, but I know I'll have made good progress. And it's a marathon, not a sprint. After all, it's not like a weight loss journey is finished when you reach your goal weight, or whatever health markers you have set. You still have to make healthy choices going forward or you'll end up back where you started (statistically, at an even higher weight).

That's not going to be me. Not this time. As I've said before, I'm so grateful for this medication giving me the space to examine my own disordered eating and thought patterns. I am not on a diet- now, or in the future. I don't have cheat days, and I don't believe in that concept. On days where I am hungrier, I eat more- sometimes more than Lose It recommends, and that's okay. Sometimes I eat chocolate, or French fries, or go to a nice restaurant, or have a glass or two of wine. If these things are slowing my weight loss, I'm totally okay with that because I'm losing weight, I'm not feeling deprived of anything, and the way I am eating is sustainable for me long term. What I am doing is being mindful of what I want to accomplish and making choices to support that outcome.

So here I am, six months later. I am really proud of all my progress. Not just the scale, but of the choices I've made. I'm proud that I get my butt out of bed in the mornings and work out, even though I don't want to. We hear it said so often, but I really do want to live my best life, and that starts with me.

I'll post another full day meal plan this week, so check back in a few days!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 26 gain: 1.0lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 45lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment