This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 1, 2023

Week 25 Weigh In!

So I'm still not really sure why that increase two weeks ago to 0.44mg has been hitting me so hard when it's such a small increase- I only went up by 0.02mg and last week I didn't increase at all. I've been more tired than usual and also had trouble eating enough to fuel my body, despite making a concerted effort. One day I was below 800 calories, which really isn't a good choice at all. On only one day did I make it above 1500.

I'm considering dropping back to 0.42mg this week, but I'll see how today goes. I don't mind if it takes me longer to progress upwards in dose- as I've said in previous entries, I wonder if it will be beneficial to increase at a slower rate. I have already lost over 15% of my starting Ozempic body weight and haven't hit a plateau yet (it's coming, but hopefully not for a while), and I think that being able to continue increasing my dose plus using the plateau breaking techniques of calorie cycling and changing exercise will be helpful.



I got this message from Lose It this morning, and while of course I'm happy to hit a new milestone, I am a little worried that my weight loss rate is accelerating, and I think I do need to up calories to slow it down a bit. Why? Everyone wants to lose faster, right? It's really not just buzzwords when medical professionals say healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs per week. Losing faster not only can damage your metabolism and make it harder to lose in future and easier to regain, but it can cause immediate health problems like losing your hair, gallstones, etc. I want to lose, but I want to lose in a healthy way that won't make me more likely to risk a yo-yo in the future.

Weight loss isn't a race. We didn't gain it over night, and we won't (and shouldn't!) lose it overnight. In the grand scheme of things taking a few extra weeks or months is nothing, and it could be much better for our health.

Life has been stressful this week so I'm extra tired. I'm hoping to get a good night's rest today after I take my shot. I'll try to post another full day meal plan when I can!



Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg (started exercising seriously)
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 11 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 12 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 13 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 14 loss: 1.6lbs
OZ Week 15 loss: 0.4lbs (took booster dose halfway through the week, so 0.25mg + 0.33mg)
OZ Week 16 loss: 4lbs  raised dose to 0.38mg
OZ Week 17 loss: 0.6lbs
OZ Week 18 loss: 5.6lbs
OZ Week 19 gain: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 20 loss: 2.6lbs
OZ Week 21 loss: 2.0lbs raised dose to 0.40mg
OZ Week 22 loss: 2.8lbs raised dose to 0.42mg
OZ Week 23 loss: 0.6lbs raised dose to 0.44mg
OZ Week 24 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 25 loss: 3.4lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 46lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment