This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 8, 2024

Less Moderate, but OK!

 I was about to say that I wasn't going to weigh in this week, because I've only been back on my usual calorie deficit plan for four days, but then I realized that maybe posting my gain will help someone else realize that a little indulgence is not the end of the world. Did I indulge a little more than I planned? Yup. Do I regret it? Not really. As I said before, ultimately, a week or two doesn't matter in the long run, as long as you get back on track.

Much to my surprise? By the time I had my planned final decadent meal, I was starting not to enjoy it as much. I had eaten so much rich food lately that it just wasn't as special or appealing. It still tasted good but didn't have the draw it normally would and I'm okay with that because it makes it much easier to refocus and start eating the portions and kind of food that my body wants again.

This week it has also, to my surprise, felt easier to get back into exercise. It's almost like I hit a point and my body is ready to get back into self care again. Funny how self care has gone from greasy food on bad days (well, still occasionally!) to exercise and eating right. But that's definitely not a bad thing! 

I'm still keeping my dose at 0.75mg as I don't see any need to increase it further for now. I've been hoping that I didn't "waste" the increase and had my body acclimatize with no weight loss since I was indulging over my birthday and the holidays. In hindsight, maybe I should have stayed lower and saved the boost for now. I don't want to go up to 1mg if it's not necessary because I likely won't get a prescription higher than that. I am type 2 diabetic and on Ozempic for my diabetes, not for weight loss. Since my A1C is well controlled by my current dosage of Ozempic, it's unlikely that I'll be able to get a higher dose and that's more than reasonable. It just means I'll have to keep putting the effort in, follow plateau breaking techniques when necessary, and keep up the strength training and cardio! Hopefully I won't need the 1mg until much closer to the end of my weight loss journey- after all, I have that Healthywager to win!


I haven't posted any recipes for a while, but here is a good one that I received from Hellofresh and modified slightly. So delicious, and my son enjoyed it too! You can get a completely free box from Hellofresh to try with either 5 meals for 2 people or 3 meals for 4 people if you click through my link- and they also have calorie smart and carb smart recipes to choose from every single week!


Turkey Cheeseburger Tacos:




8 oz ground turkey
2 large flour tortillas (feel free to use whole wheat or carb smart wraps instead!)
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 oz shredded cheddar-monterey jack cheese (or sub your favourite burger cheese)
1 tomato, thinly sliced
romaine lettuce, shredded
1 yellow onion, minced
3 large dill pickles, 2 cut into coins, one finely chopped
1 tbsp light or fat free mayo
2 tbsp light 1000 island dressing


In a small bowl, stir to combine mayonnaise, all the chopped dill pickles, and the 1000 island dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add turkey and the sliced onions; cook, breaking meat up into large pieces, until cooked through, 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel; microwave in 30-second increments until warmed through.

Add Worcestershire sauce to skillet with turkey. Cook, stirring, until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low. Sprinkle shredded cheddar-jack blend over turkey, then cover and cook, undisturbed, until cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.

Fill tortillas with turkey mixture, then top with lettuce, tomatoes, and remaining pickles. Drizzle with special sauce, and enjoy! Serves 2 portions. Since you can't see much when the tortilla is closed, here is a pic of mine before I wrapped it up. It was delicious, high protein, and relatively low calorie too! One portion is 480 calories, 21g fat, 35g carbs, and 36g protein.

Whether you indulged or not over the holidays, get back on track with me! One day at a time.




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 64.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment