This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 29, 2024

Week 64 Weigh In!

 It's strange, but the last week or two, I've been feeling the Ozempic more than I have for quite a while. Nothing too severe- I've been both fortunate, and I think that my slower progression of dosage helped a lot as well. My side effects were generally limited to the occasional headache or nausea, along with the perhaps main effect rather than side effect of difficulty eating.

I haven't had a dose increase in 2 months, so I'm a little surprised to be feeling it the way I do, especially after a year plus on the medication. The last few days I've had a very difficult time eating, even when the food is appetizing and delicious. I had two bites of my lunch and packed the rest up to save because I just felt like there was no space for food even though I figured I probably needed to eat post workout. I did manage to eat my dinner. I wasn't hungry, but after a day of strength training I know that I need to at least eat a minimum amount of calories or all that hard work I put in goes to waste.

On days like this, I just try to eat bites whenever I can, and to make them good quality calories. When I'm not feeling as full/bloated, I'll have a serving of nuts, or a Greek yogurt cup, or some cheese cubes. Whole wheat toast with a spread like laughing cow cheese or peanut butter can also be nutrient dense and get those calories up!

So, this is as far as I made it before the holidays- I finally lost all the birthdays/holidays/celebrations weight! Realistically, I wouldn't change a thing. I enjoyed the time of indulgences, and a few weeks of setbacks isn't a big deal. I certainly don't feel deprived in any way, which makes it a lot easier to stick to my plan now.

Time to keep moving forwards... it would be super exciting to hit both of the big milestones I have coming up- both 100lbs total lost, and onederland!




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 70 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment