This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 15, 2024

Week 62 Weigh In

Today I'm feeling frustrated, so instead of putting on an upbeat tone, I'm going to vent a little bit (yay hormones!).

It's really annoying when bodies don't work like they're supposed to! It's just another reminder that weight loss isn't linear. It's been two months since my one year weigh in, and I still weigh more today than I did then. And it sucks. It's partly my fault for overeating on the holidays more than I should have, and partly I just think I'm at the point where weight loss is going to be more difficult. While I still have around 40-50lbs left to lose and that's not a small amount of weight, I'm already over the 15-20% loss that most people lose on Ozempic and that's when it tends to slow down. If I was on for weight loss only and didn't have insurance coverage for Ozempic, I'd consider asking to switch to Mounjaro since studies are showing it as being more effective for weight loss (although apparently slightly less effective for blood sugar control). Realistically though? The Ozempic is doing wonders for my blood sugar (fasting glucose this morning was 4.5) and I'll just have to keep working at the weight loss myself. I'm still holding off on increasing my Ozempic dose because if I go to 1mg, I don't think my doctor will prescribe anything higher. While Health Canada has approved Ozempic up to 2mg, my blood sugar is well controlled at this dose and so it is unlikely that my insurance would approve going above 1mg since it doubles the cost to require a second pen and it's not necessary to treat my T2 diabetes.

I know my body composition is changing; I definitely have more muscle than I did even just a few months ago. Working out at the F45 gym has made a difference! I would love to go more often, but because of the price right now I'm limited to once or twice a week, so I choose to go only on the weights days and to do Walk at Home for my cardio. Ultimately though, that means that even if the number on the scale isn't dropping, I'm still losing pounds of fat and gaining pounds of muscle, and that's not a bad thing even if I could wish to see more concrete results. I haven't done any body composition testing, so I don't have any firm numbers to remind me of my progress, but I can see and feel the difference. Since gaining muscle boosts metabolism and burns more calories, I'm sure that down the road, the fat pounds will start dropping off, and until then I'll just be patient, keep aiming for higher protein on my weight training days, and to keep doing what I'm doing. It's okay to be frustrated; it's not okay to give up!

I've come so far already. I might be feeling cranky and annoyed today, but even with my regains I'm still down over 90lbs since April 2022, and that's amazing! I give myself permission to feel what I'm feeling. I am NOT going to eat my feelings. I think I'll do a longer workout video today and see if I can generate some endorphins and shake off these negative feelings.

Stay warm today, everyone!!



OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 66 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment