This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 22, 2024

Week 63 Weigh In!

 Well, it's nice to get some positive reinforcement for sticking to the program! While I'm not back at the lowest weight I'd reached on Ozempic, at least things are moving in the right direction. I am hopeful that my body is starting to do some recomposition since I've been keeping up the exercise. Last week I did work out five days out of seven, which is great! My trainer at F45 has been telling me not to worry about the scale and that it will catch up, and I suppose it isn't a surprise that she knows what she is talking about.

I have definitely gained lean muscle mass, although I don't know how much and I don't think I have lost much in the way of inches. I don't take measurements, so I've just gone off the way my clothes fit. I can comfortably wear a pair of jeans that was a little too tight at the waist in early December but that would be a pretty small change. That being said- any change in the right direction is a good change!

Sometimes, overreading news or social media is not great for our individual journies. I read an article about semaglutide creating a new set point for your body that happened to be about 18-20% below starting weight and that you'd plateau there even with diet, exercise, and other interventions. I'm past that, but I figured it could still be coming. My loss has slowed down dramatically in the past six months, even more sharply in the past three months, so I can see the rest of my journey will be much more of a struggle. 

I'm thinking that strength training is going to be the key to reaching my health and fitness goals, and hopefully to winning my second HealthyWager! Hopefully the Ozempic will help even if it's not as effective as it was before. I am hoping very much that saving that last increase to 1mg will be helpful when I hit the next plateau closer to my goal weight.

It's hard to admit, but I'm starting to enjoy hating the gym, if that makes any sense. The workouts are intense, and a lot of the time I feel like I'm going to die while I'm doing them. But once I finish I get that sense of accomplishment for toughing it out... and it's been pretty cool to see that my strength has been increasing. I can lift heavier dumbbells than I was just a few short months ago when I first started going. So even though I feel exhausted and worn out and sore afterwards, I'm at least doing something with visible results that I know is helping my body and my health. I try to plan my day around going, rather than not going. Those are all really positive things! Even when I'm frustrated, I need to make sure I'm reminding myself of the progress I'm making.

I'm not going to be the same person when I'm finished, just slimmer. I want to be a person who cares about my health so that I can live longer. I still plan to occasionally indulge in my favourite foods, because not only is food social but it's also a pleasure (no, Ozempic hasn't reduced my pleasure from food despite the comments some people make!) and I enjoy eating- it's just the quantity and frequency that has changed. But I believe to be successful, my whole mindset will have to shift and adjust so that I'm no longer a fat person who will happen to temporarily reside in a thinner body, but a person who understands how to maintain that not only thinner but healthier body.




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 69 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment