This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Pleasantly Surprised...

I was eating my Mexican Lasagna last night and thinking about how I missed refried beans but wasn't willing to give up a carb serving to have them. Then I looked at my stack of Black Bean Tortilla Soups sitting in the pile of food that I figure I'll probably eat during a natural disaster, and the wheels started churning and I came up with this idea.


Black Bean Tortilla Soup (Lunch):


1 pkg Black Bean Tortilla Soup
1 egg
shredded cheese (I just used a little to make a free food)
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp enchilada sauce
diced green onion

Boil water, and pour in just enough hot water to moisten the beans. Stir it and ensure all the powder is wet and thickening but not soupy. Cover and set aside. Prepare your egg however you like it (I like mine over hard with cooking spray). Check on the beans; add more water if necessary and heat piping hot in the microwave. Spoon onto a plate and top with egg; garnish with cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce, and green onion. Enjoy!

I wasn't sure I'd actually like this but it was yummy. The only problem it creates for me is that it really "feels" like a breakfast item but it uses a NS lunch. My solution was to eat it for breakfast and then to use the breakfast Flex planner to make a lunch for myself, since I didn't want to have a pastry or cereal then.


Honey Mustard Pretzel Sticks (Dessert):


I like honey mustard, so despite not really enjoying the salty snacks, I had hopes for this one. I was immediately put off by their appearance, though. My Nacho Crisps never come crushed like that but every bag of salty snacks I have tried has been crumbs. It's not very appealing. I had one bite and found the taste to be a little strong for me. My husband ate them though- he said they weren't great but they were okay for snacking on, so they must not be that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment