This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Temptations

So far, it's been pretty easy to avoid holiday temptations this year since we missed most of Christmas party season while we were on the cruise, and I'm the one cooking and I don't plan on doing any baking or anything like that! Besides- I made a commitment to get back on track and nothing is going to keep me from it, Christmas or no Christmas. Whatever decision you make for yourself personally over the holidays, just remember that tomorrow is a new day and it can be whatever you want it to be.

I've been weighing myself daily since I got back from the cruise just to keep an eye on how my loss has progressing. I am happy to see that a lot of what I gained was just sodium retention, so it's coming off pretty quickly. That makes me no longer regret enjoying my trip! It was definitely worth it because I do want this to be a lifestyle change and not a diet, and that means that I have to be reasonable.

Of course, now that I'm not on the ship, I have to make my own fabulous desserts! I just wish I could pick up the phone and call room service instead! I did make a delicious dessert a few days ago but I forgot to put the memory card in my camera when I took the photo, so I'll have to make it again to share with you. It was delicious!

I also have some interesting news to share with you all. I've been asked to become a part of Nutrisystem's Blogger Program- in fact, I'm the first member of Nutrisystem Canada's program. My agreement with Nutrisystem requires me to continue writing feedback about my experiences with the program, and they have agreed to provide me with 5 months' of meals at no cost.

Over the past ten months while I was independent, you all saw me write honestly about my thoughts on the program, whether they were good or bad. I will continue to do so while I am a Nutrisystem Blogger because I want this blog to be a resource for people thinking about trying the program so that they can see what they actually get, as well as a support system for those of you who are already following the program. Not to mention a support system for me- hearing from all of you really helps keep me going when I struggle with my motivation or when I'm just having a bad day.

I promise to keep going- even when times are tough, if we keep putting one foot in front of the other, we'll get where we want to be. And I'll keep writing from along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Fay says...

    NS is really smart to get you on board as a blogger. Your blog has kept me going, through the downs and ups, and has also helped me be nice to myself when I've had bad days. I've tried to read other blogs about weight loss but they are all "diet" centered and, as you've said, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, for some of us.

    I'm determined to get back on track and break this plateau and you know how much you've been part of my journey!

    ReplyDelete