This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Florida. My son and I are both still under the weather so I hope the flight isn't too painful for him, poor little guy. He's never flown before so I'm not sure how he's going to handle it. I guess we'll see and hopefully he'll sleep.

At least I can go away proud that I had another good weighin- I lost another 1.6lbs this week! I've been very busy getting ready for the trip and taking care of my son so I haven't had much time to exercise beyond walking with him, so when I get home I want to be right back on track. In my one month challenge with my friend, I lost 7.6lbs- nothing special but certainly a respectable total for this stage of my weight loss. Now my goal is not to gain all that back while I'm on my trip! Like I said before, my plan is to start the day with a healthy breakfast and then we'll see how it goes. I don't plan to deny myself things because this IS a lifestyle change and not a diet, but on the other hand, I want to make sure that if I indulge, that it's worth it to me. I don't want to eat something just because it's there and then regret it next time I step on the scale!

But no matter what happens on the cruise, when I get home I'll be right back on program. I'm finally starting to like what I see when I look in the mirror, and feel like I have more energy. Nothing I could ever eat or drink is worth going back to the way I was at my starting weight.

Hope you all enjoy your pre holiday season, and I'll be back in a few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on the cruise! I know what you mean about not denying yourself special "treats". I just came back a few weeks ago from a week in Mexico, and although I gained a few pounds because I wasn't going to deny myself things I really wanted, I worked extra hard when I got back, and lost what I gained, and lost a few more pounds! My philosophy is to change my habits, but not my life! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! We go to Florida in Feb. hope the weather is good! Congrats on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having suzie withdrawals.... :-(

    ReplyDelete