This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mmm... Chocolate...

One thing I love about Nutrisystem is the availability of chocolate. I can have chocolate for 3 meals a day, if I want to (now, if only they'll produce a chocolate bar for dinner!), and it's pretty darn good chocolate in my opinion.

I also really like the flexibility, because if NS doesn't make something that I want, odds are pretty good that I can come up with a reasonable facsimile myself using one of their entrees as a base.

One of my favourite desserts is Chocolate Lava Cake. That might be a little hard to make in a shelf stable format, but fortunately it's pretty easy to make it on your own!


Nutrichocolates (Dessert):



1/2 pkg Nutrisystem Microwave Chocolate Cake Mix
1/2 pkg Nutrisystem Nutrichocolates
fruit & whipped topping for garnish, if desired

Pour half the cake mix into a bowl and add water. I find that the cake tastes better and I like the texture when I use slightly more than the suggested amount of water and just cook it a little longer. When the batter is well mixed, pour it into a small dish sprayed with PAM. Place 1/2 pkg of Nutrichocolates in the centre of the cake and cover with a little batter. Microwave for about 1:30 or until done. Turn the cake over onto a plate and add garnish. Serve warm.

This isn't quite as gooey and melty as traditional lava cake, but it definitely got rid of the craving for me! It has a rich, chocolatey taste that feels decadent.

Now, I'm aware that the Nutrisystem Microwave Chocolate Cake is discontinued so it may be a little hard for you to find, unless you get lucky on eBay or Craigslist. However, there is a great substitute made by Wonderslim that is definitely worth trying. You prepare it the same way so it should be a good substitute.

Since you're combining two desserts, you only get to use half of each item so that it still counts as one dessert entree. I highly recommend not making two at once unless you've got a friend to eat the other one, because this is so good it's pretty hard to stop at just one!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

13 comments:

  1. New follower from blog Hop Thursday. Hope you follow back.
    http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am your newest follower. You can find me at
    http://lovinglifeasacouponer.blogspot.com
    and
    http://celebratinghomewithcarolyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you trying to be more healthy- I hope this blog has helped you along your way. I'm your newest follower- visit www.classifiedmom.com I have a post there about my attempts on becoming more healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on losing some weight too. Just down 10 pounds so you have definitley inspired me. Good job! I am your newest follower. You can come check out my website at www.adoctorandanurse.com. I would love to meet you there. Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower from the blog hop, I wish that I was not just starting out and I was 77 pounds down. I also wish I could afford Nutri system. Good luck to you. My Journey starts Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear! Lovely and yummy post :) Glad I found you. I am a new follower and also have a blog hop today so be sure to stop bye link up so others can come see your wonderful page of treats ;)

    xoxo
    Kate
    http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! I cannot wait to continue reading your blog! It's making my stomach growl just looking at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually just saw that same mix of ebay. I'm a junk food junkie that would eat all things full of sugar and carbs were it not for these type of small bits-o-yum. Thanks for the share!

    Out for a small bit of hopping, come by Lucy's when you get a chance.
    http://closertolucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by via the Thursday Hops to say hello and to follow.
    Have a great day.
    http://poshonabudget.com/2010/11/welcome-wednesday-friends-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMY! I am on Nutrisystem too! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining us at Traveling Through Thursday! I am already following you. Also I am starting a blog directory. Check out this post and email me if you are interested. http://livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-directory-are-you-listed.html ALSO Happy New Year! Hope you have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your goals! they make the world go 'round sometimes, don't they? I've lost about 74 lbs now, but I've been doing the Weight Watchers program! keep up the great work! New follower from the Blog Hop! Please feel free to stop by: Thrifty and Frugal by Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am following you back and good for you. Looks like you are doing good with the weight loss:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am your newest follower!
    Please follow back, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Quick Tattletails
    :)

    ReplyDelete