This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm Home!

We had a wonderful trip, although it was a little shocking to the system to leave sunny Caribbean beaches for snow! It was definitely a great way to relax and skip the pre-Christmas insanity, though.

OK, I'm just trying to delay things a bit. The food on the cruise was wonderful- very rich French cuisine, and I had an all inclusive drinks package, which I definitely made the most of. I ate less than I would have a year ago (but probably drank more, honestly) but still enjoyed every bite. At the time, I would have told you that it was absolutely worth it.

I gained 11.6lbs. Now that I'm home, it feels frustrating that the pounds could return that quickly. Do I wish that I didn't have to re-lose the same pounds? 100%. And I'll regret every minute of that time that is wasted when I could be closer to my goal. I wonder now if I could have enjoyed myself as much on the trip without going quite so hog wild, but I don't really know the answer.

But as I've said elsewhere in my blog, you can't change the past, only the future. I had a great time on my trip so I'm just going to accept the consequences and move on. I promise you all that I'll be right back on track and I will lose the weight that I want to. I know that I can do it, and I will. So stay tuned for updates!

4 comments:

  1. I have missed you so much!! I am glad you had a great time! Back to work! You got this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rebecca! Welcome back, and your positivity is awesome!!! you do got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I agree too "you do got this". I'm sure u have gained amazing memories from this trip... we have to live a little sometimes...you know, "let lose".

    You r back at it, you have the good positive attitude so...look ahead and continue your journey to weight loss. You lost so much and you should be pround of yourself..don't look at the number you have gained...look at how much you lost so far and how much your way of thinking a/b food has changed. It's all good, YOU GO GIRL!!!
    ELisa-Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, I found your blog via your signature on CruiseCritic and have been following it for awhile. Although I'm not on Nutrisystem, I really enjoy your blog a lot and all the little cooking tips and ideas are great. Over the past two years, I've lost a lot of weight by trying to eat healthier, making small changes, and exercising more. It's not a diet, but a lifestyle change, and to be honest, I feel so much better for it.

    I'm a cruise fanatics as well, and my family and I go on a few cruises a year. Cruises are the only time I let myself eat absolutely whatever I want and not worry about it. Do I come back heavier? Absolutely. We cruised on Eclipse last month and I came back 5lbs heavier. I took the stairs all the time (my one cruise rule), but I still enjoyed all my meals. But here's my tip - some of it DOES come off. There is a TON of sodium in cruise ship food, and as the week goes on, you'll probably notice some of the water weight start to melt away. Usually within a week or so, I'm back to my pre-cruise weight, believe it or not. So, take it from someone who's been there - relax, drink lots of water, and try not to worry about it too much. Like you said, it's not about the past, but actually about the future.

    Good luck to you on the rest of your journey, and keep up the amazing work!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete