This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Away We Go...

And now for something completely different! My husband decided to surprise me with an impromptu vacation. He has business this week and I'm coming along! My mother is going to watch our son so we will have ten days to ourselves. I am very excited and looking forward to it.

I don't think internet access will be free there so I will likely be unable to post while I'm away. We return home on May 15 and I'll get right back to blogging!

In the meantime, here are the last few reviews of the items on the Select program. If you have the opportunity to order the frozen items I definitely recommend it! If you are not sure you will enjoy them, you can always choose to order a 10 day package a la carte rather than changing your program right away (I bet you will after you try these!).


Garden Vegetable Omelet (Frozen Breakfast):



I must confess that I am still baffled how a veggie omelet can have more calories than the ham & cheese one. I thought this was okay but nothing special. Since the omelets are so low calorie, you can actually use them as your dairy/protein serving at breakfast if you wish. I really liked having this with a side of the Homestyle Pancakes or the Golden French Toast.


Ham and Cheese Omelet (Frozen Breakfast):



I thought this was really yummy. I wish the ham pieces were a little bigger but they were very flavourful with some black pepper on top and I liked the cheese. This entree is only 90 calories so, like the veggie omelet, I used it as a dairy/protein serving. I still wonder why it has similar stats to the Maple Sausage Patty which tells you to add a carb, but the omelets don't. It really doesn't make sense to me since they are so low calorie and low carb. But if you're looking for a yummy and protein packed low calorie entree, look no further.


Toasted Ham & Cheese (Frozen Lunch):



This really looks like a (larger) Toaster Strudel. Two came in my meal package, and while there are no instructions for microwave preparation on this one, I decided to nuke the first one because I was hungry and in a hurry. The bread was understandably soft in that case, but the sandwich was still yummy and gooey. Again, the ham pieces are really, really small though. I'm not sure why we couldn't just get thin slices of ham so it felt more like a sandwich and less like a processed item. The second time, I cooked it in my toaster and it came out nice and crispy. I enjoyed this lunch.


Salisbury Steak with Macaroni and Cheese (Frozen Dinner):



Coincidentally, the first frozen meal I tasted is the last to be reviewed! I didn't even notice that. This entree is really yummy. The Salisbury steak is juicy and comes with lots of sauce to put over veggies (green beans go really well with it!) and the macaroni is rich and creamy. I added some hot sauce and pepper to mine since I like it to have a little more of a bite. I was really impressed with this entree and definitely recommend you give it a try!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog. Very cute. :) Though I must say the Salisbury steak does not look appetizing at all. :( How picky are you, on a scale of 1-10? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie, my husband says I'm probably a 7 or an 8. I would say maybe a little less than that because I'll tolerate some things but just won't eat them again. I would eat the Salisbury steak again though. Try it for yourself and if you don't like it, then you can always choose other options.

    ReplyDelete