This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sorry!

I haven't been around much this week. I went to visit my family in another city for a few days since my husband's out of town, and I don't get too much time to cook while I'm there! Then I've just been tired lately so I haven't felt much like writing.

I will tell you that I am looking forward to weighing in this week for our Spring Into Summer Challenge! You can still join us- the first weigh in is Sunday May 29!

I have a great snack idea to share with you- enjoy!


BBQ Chicken Snack Pizzas:



2 large portabello mushrooms, stems removed
1 tbsp reduced calorie BBQ sauce
1/2 oz shredded mozzerella
1 1/2 oz chopped cooked chicken
your favourite veggies (I like tomatoes and onions)

Top the mushrooms with the sauce, chicken, veggies, and cheese, and bake in the oven until they are melted and browning on top. Yum!

These are a great afternoon snack. They count as 1 Powerfuel, 1 vegetable, and 1 extra. Delicious and filling! You can also premake these and just reheat them in the microwave if you want a nice treat on a work day :)

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks awesome!!! I wanna join your challenge! I see we weigh on tomorrow. I haven't had a relapse foodwise, but I have trouble losing when I am stressed. (Last time I moved 2 years ago, I gained 60 pounds). Could use a good challenge to spur the scale!!

    ReplyDelete