This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Quick Twists

I've learned that not everything tastes good to me at first, but sometimes it only takes a simple addition to make one of those "iffy" Nutrisystem entrees taste a lot better. As I've said in the past, I generally don't care for Nutrisystem's Asian entree selections because I can make better entrees flexing, but this little tweak will bring the Orange Chicken back on my menu occasionally.


Orange Chicken Breast with Vegetables & Rice (Dinner):



Orange Ginger Chicken Stir Fry:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Orange Chicken Breast with Vegetables & Rice
3 servings of your favourite Asian stir fry veggies (I like broccoli, water chestnuts, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots, and onions)
1-2 tsp Gourmet Garden Ginger paste
1 tsp dark soy sauce

Spray a frying pan with PAM spray and cook vegetables until they are tender. Mix in the Orange Chicken, ginger paste, and soy sauce. Stir well and allow flavours to blend and the meal to heat through. Enjoy!

This recipe is so simple but it gives the Orange Chicken some great texture and crunch, and the orange/ginger combination is great together. I like using the Gourmet Garden ginger paste as it blends evenly into the meal without creating "pockets" of ginger flavour. You can find it in the refrigerated section at your grocery store. Otherwise, you can also use fresh ginger slices.

With all the veggies, this makes an enormous bowl of food and I really enjoy it when I want Asian but I'm feeling too lazy to cook my own.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment