This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm Home!

I had a great trip! I had some misgivings about going at first since I really want to get moving again on my weight loss and I know that travel always sets me back, but then I realized, hey- I've still got my life to live! And it's not what happens on any particular day that matters- it's my overall approach to my health. And while I was in Vegas, although I did enjoy a few treats and some alcohol, I didn't go crazy and I still stuck to portion control. It was also nice not to be stuffed all the time; we didn't go to any buffets.

It was really nice to get away and just be myself for a while. I missed my son but I know he enjoyed staying with Grandma and he was happy to see us when we picked him up today.

Now that I'm home, I'm back on program and looking forward to re-earning my 100lb bear! I'll post a weigh-in as usual on Sunday and I have some great recipes to share with you this week, so don't forget to check back or sign up to receive my posts via email. I also have a great giveaway that is coming this week as well and you won't want to miss it!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you sticking to your healthier lifestyle choice. I would imagine that in Vegas it could be temping to just ignore it for a few days what with all the crazy buffets around.

    Newly following you from the I love my online friends hop.


    -E
    ttcandcookin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a great trip. I love your attitude. I’m your newest follower. I found you off of “I love my online friends Monday hop”. Cheers,
    Shanae

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great trip. It's awesome that you could still eat well while away. I always have such a hard time when travelling!

    Hope you're having a fantastic week!

    Nancy

    I'm your newest follower. If you'd like to follow back, you can find me at http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete