This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crazy Fries!

We went to the mall yesterday to do some grocery shopping and stopped at the food court for a drink. I have to admit, the fries from New York Fries smelled SO good. But I did remember that they wouldn't taste as good as I remembered, so I decided to come home and recreate my craving.

The original (small) NYF Veggie Works has 600 calories, 29g of fat, and 79g of carbs- yuck! It's just not worth it for something that would make me feel lousy. But the idea of fries, cheese sauce, sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions sounded so good... so here's my version!


New York Fries Veggie Works:



1 serving Cajun Fries (minus the chili powder and paprika)
1 serving cheese sauce
1 tbsp FF sour cream
diced tomatoes and onions to garnish

This is SO good and definitely kicked my craving! It's gooey and cheesy, and serve it on the side with a hamburger for dinner and you'll swear you're going to gain 5lbs (but without that nasty bloated feeling after you eat!). Count this as 2 veggie servings (or 1 carb), 1 dairy serving, 1 fat serving, and 2 free foods.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I want to make these tomorrow. They look really good!

    I'd love it if you'd come share at What's Cooking Thursdays, a linky where you can share your recipes!

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just looks delicious. What a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete