This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Doctor's Appointment Check In

So today I had a check in with my doctor to see how things are going, and to go over my test results. I knew she was going to be very happy with my bloodwork!

She told me to keep doing what I'm doing, because it's obviously working! A1C down to 5.5 is great! I actually had gotten a phone call yesterday to participate in a study for diabetics, but I'm not eligible because my A1C is not in the diabetic range anymore. While I would have liked getting paid to be part of a study (as long as I didn't grow an extra limb or something), I think I am much happier that my health is good enough that I am not a useful test subject for them.

While I don't normally weigh in on Thursdays, I did have to get on the scale this morning for my doctor and was delighted to see I was down 2.2lbs since Monday! I hope it will still be gone after the weekend when I have my official weigh in, I've noticed that sometimes things fluctuate.

And that puts me over the next Lose It milestone!!


I kind of want to get 20 litres of water now to see how much that looks like, but either way it's super exciting and I'm really happy!

Here's a quick photo of my breakfast, because fancy breakfasts don't have to break the calorie budget:


I misplaced my waffle iron, so protein pancakes it is! I topped my pancake with sugar free apple pie filling and cinnamon, and they were delicious.

Always nice to start the day with a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment