This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 16, 2023

Week 10 Weigh In!

Well, after last week's big loss, I wasn't expecting to lose much this week, although it feels like I've been up and down like a yo-yo! But weight loss isn't linear, so that's not uncommon. I'd think it's much more unusual not to have fluctuations!

I wanted to talk a bit about calorie consumption this week. I do count calories, using the Lose It app, which I really like. It's not only got a big database of food, but you can literally scan the UPC code of a product and it will automatically populate that information for you. It makes it so easy to track what I'm eating. You can also make recipes and divide by the number of servings rather than figure out the calories for a single portion. 

So I've had my profile set to sedentary, which I am really not anymore. It's really cool to be able to say that! But I do like that I only get a small calorie budget unless I do some movement because I think that's another push to get myself moving. I do still enjoy my treats in smaller portions and if this makes more room for them? Awesome.

That being said, on many days I am now burning in excess of 800 calories additionally, according to my fitness tracker as translated into the Lose It app. It adds those calories back into my budget. I don't see the point in eating back everything I've earned, but as I've said, I do want to make use of a few of those calories most days! I have been trying to stick with calorie cycling, so while I am seeking an average of approximately 1500 calories per day, some days I am around 1200 and some as high as 1700. I find that works out better for me as I tend to see more loss over a more consistent caloric target.

I've been walking consistently since November, but I didn't start working out regularly until after Christmas. And boy is it ever showing; on the scale, in my clothes, and in my medical tests. In the last two weeks, I've lost 8.6lbs, and that's crazy! 

One day at a time... I'm going to keep going.


Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs
OZ Week 10 loss: 2.0lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 16lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment