This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 9, 2023

Week Nine Weigh In!

So the exercise is continuing to go well- I feel really positive about how well it's going! I can't rave enough about how much it helps to have a workout buddy or two. Even if you don't have anyone local (I don't), there are so many great videos on YouTube right now, totally free, because so many people went online during the QuaranTimes. Grab a headset, call your friend, and just sync up the workouts so you can chat while you're exercising together! It's really made it easier for me to stick to my exercising, and gives me an accountability partner. It's much harder to cop out and say you don't want to work out if you have to actually tell someone that!

My friend and I did a one week workout challenge on our fitness trackers, and we pushed really hard. I won't be able to keep up that level of intensity longterm, but it was great to know that I could do it for a week! Cutting back to something a bit more reasonable for the next few weeks, and then maybe another challenge in February! 

So I said a few days ago that if the scale didn't catch up, I would still be happy because of the changes I'm seeing in my body. Well, the scale definitely caught up, so now I'm definitely feeling glittery happy! That's definitely a reason to dig down and keep going! Check out below for my crazy weight loss this week!!!!

I've seen a lot of people looking for breakfast ideas, so I wanted to share a favourite of mine. These are quick, easy, and full of protein- plus you can customize the addins to suit your tastes!


Savory Breakfast Muffins:


38g of your favourite high protein pancake mix
3 tbsp egg whites 
2 slices deli ham
14g finely grated cheddar
1 green onion, diced
spices as desired

This recipe really is a blank canvas for you to play with! It's high protein, easy to whip up, and delicious. You can also make a bigger batch in advance and freeze them so you can just pop them in the microwave.

I use Nutrisystem high protein pancake mix since I still do eat some of their foods, but you could use Kodiak or any other pancake mix with similar stats (per 38g, 160 calories, 10g protein).

Prepare pancake mix as directed, but maybe a little extra water to make room for all the fun ingredients you'll add! Chop your ham into small pieces and add to the pancake mix, along with the whites of the green onion and half your grated cheese. Mix well but don't overmix, it's going to be lumpy! Spoon pancake mix into muffin cups, leaving 1/4 of the cup as empty space. Spoon the egg whites on top of the pancake mix, then top with remaining cheese and the greens of the onion. Add black pepper (or your favourite spices) to taste. Bake at 375 degrees for 28 minutes.

These are so light and fluffy and delicious! Try subbing bacon bits for ham, or using different types of cheese to change the flavour. You can also use whole eggs or Egg Beaters if you prefer. Different vegetables can also really change the flavour. I've used roasted red peppers and spinach with feta cheese, or mushrooms and tomatoes with bacon and gouda. Have fun experimenting!

Recipe makes two large muffins or three small ones for one serving. 279 calories, 12g fat, 18.5g carbohydrates, and a massive 24g of protein! Great way to start your morning.




Start Date: November 7, 2022  0.25mg
OZ Week 1 loss: 3.4lbs
OZ Week 2 loss: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 3 gain: 2.0lbs
OZ Week 4 loss: 4.4lbs
OZ Week 5 loss: 1.4lbs
OZ Week 6 loss: 2.4lbs
OZ Week 7: skipped weigh in  0.39mg (used "bonus bit" in the pen)
OZ Week 8 gain: 4.4lbs  back to 0.25mg
OZ Week 9 loss: 6.6lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 14lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment