This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, January 6, 2023

Non-Scale Victory!

 Well, I've been a little frustrated with the scale the past few weeks, for a few reasons, and I'm hoping that by Monday my body will have calmed down a little. But if it hasn't, I did realize something awesome this morning to help me get through the disappointment!

The exercise really is helping; my body is changing! I used to have a roll of back fat just below where I'd wear my bra, and now my back is flat- just the slightest curve of  back fat! It looks so much better and I am happier seeing that something is changing, even if it's not a metric that I'm currently measuring.

So even if the pounds are coming off more slowly because of the exercise and the constipation, what I'm doing is good, and I'm going to stick with it. It's definitely motivating to notice something like that, even if it's in a place where no one else will see it.

I've been trying so hard; I don't think I've ever been this consistent and determined to work out. It has really helped to have an online workout buddy because we've been doing it together 6 days a week. So if you don't have a gym nearby, that doesn't need to stop you. Go on YouTube and there's lots of free exercise videos! Find an exercise buddy (maybe an in person friend, maybe someone in the Ozempic Facebook group?), and motivate each other to work out! I didn't think I could manage this much but I'm rocking it.

And scale or no scale, I am really proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment