This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, January 14, 2023

More Non Scale Victories!

 So I have been getting so much positive feedback from my body in ways other than the scale. While I don't really enjoy exercise and I definitely don't love giving myself the injections, I know if I keep plugging away those things will get easier. And I'm likely adding years to my life! Turning 40 really sounded that alarm for me that if I don't start taking better care of myself that I might not have that much time left, so I've got to do what I've got to do.

The first and most fun- I went pants shopping yesterday since I could pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them. I was wearing a size 22 when I started my weight loss journey, and yesterday I went to Torrid and got some comfortable jeans that fit great in a size 18. Yup, that's still a long way to go, but it's progress!

Secondly, I had some bloodwork done, and my numbers are really looking a lot better! In March 2022 when I was diagnosed with diabetes, my fasting glucose was 7.0 and so was my A1C. In October 2022 when I had lost about 25lbs by myself, I had my A1C down to 6.4, which is improvement, but still diabetes. As of January 2023, where I am trying to exercise a minimum of five times per week for 30 minutes a day, even just a walk if that's all I can do (the recommendation for good cardiac health), still counting calories and trying to eat a balanced diet without restricting any food groups, my A1C is 5.5 which is just the very bottom of the At Risk range! I have an appointment with my doctor next week and I can't wait to go over those results with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment