This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

I was so excited to dig into my American box! So far, I have tried three new foods and liked them all!

Chocolate Chip Scone (Breakfast):


This was a sweet chocolatey treat- it felt too decadent for breakfast! I have heard they are wonderful warmed in the microwave, or even cut in half and used as "bread" to make French toast with an egg as your protein/dairy serving, but I haven't tried it yet. I really like the density of the scones.

Blueberry Flavoured Pancake Mix (Breakfast):


These were really good. How can this be diet food? The pancakes do come out a little thinner than what I'm used to, but that could probably be fixed by adding less milk than they suggest. I also plan to add real blueberries next time to supplement the dried ones in the mix. I topped this with a little sugarfree maple syrup, and they were delicious!

The third item I tried was eaten one handed while I fed the baby, so I didn't get a chance to take a picture. It was really good, though! I had the Thin Mint Crisp Bar. This will definitely be on my reorder list.

The last item, I let Dan do the taste testing because it really wasn't my type of snack. In my free week, I was sent Buffalo Wing Pretzel Sticks.

Buffalo Wing Pretzel Sticks (Dessert):


He started eating them before I got the picture, so that's only about a third of the actual serving size. They got a little smushed in the package, too. Basically, they are breadsticks with a little salt and buffalo seasoning on them. Dan's verdict is that they could use a little more of the seasoning and needed a bit more kick. If you are looking to kick a salt craving, he says these are certainly edible, but they just didn't quite do it for him. They tasted like salty sawdust to me, but then again I never liked this type of snack even when it was the "real thing".

Sometimes I just look in amazement at the food I'm eating- pancakes, pasta, pizza, cake, and brownies, and I can't believe I'm losing weight! This is the easiest way to lose weight ever. It's quick and convenient, the food is mostly good, and I don't feel deprived of anything! Of course, there has been the odd item that I can't stand, but you can't like everything I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Buy there for Dan instead- to die for!

    [img]http://www.toucandy.com/images/P/0000073759.jpg[/img]

    ReplyDelete